MRI, Manufacturing Resources International, is the worldwide leader specializing in the design, manufacturing, and TUV certification of ruggedized large format LCD displays for indoor and outdoor applications. MRI’s underlying foundation is based on engineering disciplines comprised of mechanical, electrical, systems, optical, software, PCB layout, production, and test. MRI has a very dynamic, quick to market work environment and offers excellent compensation, medical benefits, 401K, and annual Profit Sharing. Additionally, every year the plant shuts down before Christmas and opens back up after the New Year.
MRI is looking for an experienced Paint Line Supervisor.
This is a working supervisory role, with hours of 6:00 am to 2:30 pm, Monday through Friday.
This position involves control of all levels of painting for all manufactured parts in the plant.
• 5+ years of powder coat manufacturing experience.
• Experience with conveyor systems, pre-treatment chemical wash system (3 Stage), curing ovens, efficient parts hanging techniques, and proper powder coat paint spraying techniques.
• Extensive experience in a job shop environment including quality control systems, management principles and practices, manufacturing processes, equipment and scheduling and inventory control methods
• Must be able to troubleshoot product related problems, manage and prioritize numerous concurrent tasks, delegate, and manage work.
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
• Continuous improvement and problem solving mindset.
• Knowledge and understanding of Lean principles and processes.
• Strong leadership skills with the desire to drive change.
• Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office package and working knowledge/experience with MRP systems a must.
• Associate or Bachelor’s degree in a manufacturing field preferred.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as shop orders, purchase orders, and production documentation. Ability to complete pick lists, purchase orders, schedules and assigned reports. Ability to communicate effectively with vendors and other employees of the organization.
• Daily scheduling of Paint Line using system MRP report.
• Communicates with procurement and vendors to maintain consumable inventory as well as required paint and chemicals.
• Starts burn off oven, wash system, and paint line every morning.
• Manages paint line, including: monitoring finished parts, scheduling of color changes, and monorail system.
• Prep work prior to powder coating.
• Perform all functions that support the powder coat line including management of hooks, racks, and load bars.
• Operate any equipment needed to perform the job.
• Strict adherence to standard work.
• Perform post quality inspection processes for paint parts.
• Assist team members in other areas if needed to meet daily production goals.
• Supervises and directs work of paint line employees to best develop and effectively use their potential.
• Promote and support the maintenance of a safe, accident-free, and healthy work environment
• Knowledge of, or ability to learn how to maintain all equipment in the paint line in order to keep line running and up to quality standards company requires.
• Coordinates with other departments on daily scheduling.
• Participates in daily production meetings.
• Knowledge of washer systems, powder booths, and scheduling.
• Experience in a supervisory role, minimum 3-5 years
• Ability to use a computer system.
• Knowledge of an ERP software package.
• Capable of lifting up to 55 pounds.
• Must be able to use a respirator.
• Must be able to work in a standing position for 8 hours a day.
• Good visual acuity.
• Experience with powder coating equipment.
• Must be able to work in a manufacturing environment including exposure to powder paint dust, hot/cold temperatures, and unpleasant smells.
Contact Jennifer Duffey, Director of Human Resources