porous plastic sheets

Email this to someoneShare on FacebookShare on LinkedInTweet about this on Twitter

This topic contains 10 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Summer Ren 5 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

John Clark
    Participant

i use cups for the powder where can i buy sheets of the porous plastic?

D S
    Participant

I know what an airplane is!

Nathan Finney
    Participant

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Jeff Burkhart
    Participant

I suspect he’s looking for fluidizing hopper membrane ??????

Nathan Finney
    Participant

Brilliant Harleydad, it all makes sense now. For some reason I couldn’t get the first post into any context, thanks.

You can buy fluidizing membrane in sheets from Arizona Powder (google them, they sell lots powder coating supplies), or you can get it sized for specific hoppers from your local Norson, Gema, or Wagner reps.

Scott Jusak
    Participant

It’s called porous polyethylene. You can 18 x 18 inch sheets of it from a company called “Scientific Commodities” out of AZ. It’s a bit spendy, but with my hopper design I was able to get 4 out of one sheet (I cut it with a scroll saw). I think the 1/8 inch thick stuff was about $50 or $60 a sheet but that was several years ago.

Ye O Powder Ctr
    Participant

Our first membrane material was craft paper.
    Made our own fuidized bed tanks as well.

John Clark
    Participant

thanks for all the help guys! one last question, the 18″ x 18″ porous sheets come in different microns 125, 90, 70 & 35 microns which one is best for fluidizing the powder paints?

Ye O Powder Ctr
    Participant

Atlas Chemical tells you which PE membrane is for
    powder.

Ron Olguin
    Participant

Any update on this topic?
    Where can one find the membrane?
    Regards,
    Ron

Summer Ren
    Participant

do you use the plastic board in the powder hopper? If yes and it is the fluidizing board made of PE material,it is used for the powder atomization.We sell this item.If some need it please contact me ,my mail sales@jinhaicoatingequipment.com

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.