Responsible for managing, directing and implementing operation strategies and objectives within the Powder Coat Operations to facilitate new product introduction and ensure the achievement of production goals and cost objectives.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (Responsibilities/Accountabilities)
List in PRIORITY order the essential functions unique to this position.
• Directs the overall production activities, significantly improving current operations while effectively introducing many new projects for the site.
• Provides effective leadership and guidance that encourages world class operation processes, Continuous Improvement, employee empowerment and lean manufacturing.
• Interfaces with Program Management, Materials Management and the Sales organizations to resolve issues, strengthen relationships and develop new business.
• Implement strategies for cost reduction, process improvement and on-time delivery.
• Develops and maintains preventative maintenance programs for the powder coat equipment.
• Assists with developing annual operating plans for the site and manages departmental budgets.
• Establishes and maintains key performance metrics, taking overall responsibility of manufacturing performance.
• Manage day-to-day powder coat activities.
• Participates in and oversees overall program strategy, R&D & design requirements, and operations coordination for new and emerging products.
• Manages current customer requirements and new customer qualifications within the powder coat operations.
• Develops Business Case Analysis in support of new program activities including but not limited to P&L, inventory liability, labor & material variances, and long term strategies.
• Assures facility compliance with applicable federal and state health, safety and environmental law, regulations and standards; maintains permits, certifications and inspections of powder coat facilities and systems.
• Manages government agency inspections concerning safety, environmental and ergonomic issues.
• Performs other duties as required.
*Note: This is not an exhaustive list since other job requirements may arise as a result of changes in business decisions. The company reserves the right to change this job description as needed.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORKING CONDITIONS
(Specific statements of physical effort required and description of work environment)
• Ability to stoop, kneel, reach, walk, push, pull and grasp.
• Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
• Ability to lift over 25 lbs. with assistance.
• Ability to move arms, hands and fingers.
• Required to have visual acuity to perform assigned tasks.
• Ability to sit or stand for sustained periods of time.
• Works in a manufacturing, and/or office environment.
• Subject to hazards including extreme heat, electrical current, moving mechanical parts, and exposure to chemicals and debris.
• Subject to noise levels.
• Required to wear personal protective equipment where required.
• Subject to frequent interruptions.
(Education, work experience, knowledge, skills & abilities required for this position)
• Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Business or related field, or equivalent work experience.
• 10+ years’ experience in a Paint and/or Powder Coat environment with at least 5 years in management.
• Strong technical background in powder coating processes.
• Demonstrated skills in implementing Continuous Improvement initiatives, Lean Manufacturing and other quality and process improvement tools.
• Proactive self-starter who can lead with a strong ability to drive changes and continuous improvement.
• Customer orientated both internally and externally.
• Strong communication skills, both verbally and written.