The Powder Coating Institute (PCI) Certification Program supports the entire powder coating marketplace by assessing a company’s capability to produce quality parts. Those who pass the comprehensive audit demonstrate that they can meet a high professional standard in the industry.
PCI Certification is an extensive audit program that evaluates the candidate’s powder coating processes, equipment, maintenance practices and quality control capabilities.
Certified coaters can show, through demonstrated audit performance measurement, that they have the capabilities to correctly clean, coat and cure products to produce quality coated parts. “Process measurement and repeatability are key to giving customers confidence that a certified finishing operation has the processes in place to do the job well,” notes Kevin Coursin, PCI’s Executive Director. “Those who pass the comprehensive audit demonstrate that they have the ability to meet a high professional standard in the industry,” he adds.
The program offers two certification types:
- * PCI 3000 Certification for Custom Coaters – see PCI 3000 Guidelines
- * PCI 4000 Certification for OEMs – see PCI 4000 Guidelines
- * Contact for info: 859-525-9988 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Both programs are intended to improve and enhance the ability to apply powder coatings, optimize performance, contribute toward raising industry standards, and recognize the merits of a capable coater.
Evaluated competencies for certification include:
• Surface Preparation
• Ovens & Curing
• Booth & recovery
• Powder Application
• Incoming Quality Control
• Process Management
• Final Quality Control
* Loading, Unloading & Packaging
Powder coaters achieving PCI certification benefit in a number of ways, including:
• Qualified, third party evaluation and assessment of capabilities.
• Recognizes the merits of a capable coater.
• Provides a basis to create a continuous improvement process for enhancing powder coating operations.
• Serves as a benchmark against industry standards.
• Access to business opportunities requiring the use of a PCI Certified powder coater.
• Differentiation from other coaters.
• Image elevation as a result of association with the high standards of certification.
• Access to the PCI Certified logo for inclusion in marketing and quality materials.
• Create a methodology to improve and enhance a custom coater’s process and results.
• Certified companies are highlighted on the PCI website and in Powder Coated Tough magazine.
• Ultimately elevate the overall performance of powder coating in the industry.
PCI Certification is offered to all companies who apply powder coatings and is available to both PCI member and non-member companies. PCI members that apply for certification qualify for substantial program discounts.
For more information on how to become a certified custom powder coater, please follow THIS LINK
Contact for info: 859-525-9988 or email@example.com
CLICK HERE to learn the differences between PCI certification and other programs (pdf).
Powder Coating Institute 2024
Liz Epps PowderCoatingOnline.com 256-837-1490 firstname.lastname@example.org