Don’t Miss Out! Save 20% on PCI Certification if you act before Dec 15, 2018!
If you are you considering becoming PCI Certified, now is the time! To celebrate the launch of our updated program PCI is offering a 20% discount off the initial onsite audit fee. To be eligible companies must:
• Be a new applicant to the program
• Pay the onsite audit fee by December 15, 2018
• Schedule their onsite audit by December 15, 2018 (audit can take place in 2019)
Stand out from the crowd. Get PCI Certified!
Operating under the mantra Powder Coating Done Right, the Powder Coating Institute (PCI) has launched its reengineered and expanded Certification Programs which support the entire powder coating marketplace by assessing a company’s capability to produce quality parts.
PCI Certification is an extensive audit program that evaluates the candidate’s business practices, process elements, equipment, maintenance practices and quality control capabilities.
Certified coaters can show, through demonstrated audit performance measurement, that they have the capabilities to correctly clean, coat and cure products to produce quality coated parts. “Process measurement and repeatability are key to giving customers confidence that a certified finishing operation has the processes in place to do the job well,” notes Trena Benson, PCI’s Executive Director. “Those who pass the comprehensive audit demonstrate that they have the ability to meet a high professional standard in the industry,” she adds.
The program offers two certification types:
• PCI 3000 Certification is available to custom coaters
• PCI 4000 Certification is specific to original equipment manufacturers (OEMs).
Both programs are intended to improve and enhance the ability to apply powder coatings, optimize performance, contribute toward raising industry standards, and recognize the merits of a capable coater. Evaluated competencies include:
• Incoming Quality Control
• Application Area
• Ovens & Curing
• Process Control
• Final Quality Control
• Loading, Unloading & Packaging
Powder coaters achieving PCI certification are afforded a number of benefits, including:
• Qualified, third party evaluation and assessment of capabilities.
• Recognizes the merits of a capable coater.
• Provides a basis to create a continuous improvement process for enhancing powder coating operations.
• Serves as a benchmark against industry standards.
• Access to business opportunities requiring the use of a PCI Certified powder coater.
• Differentiation from other coaters.
• Image elevation as a result of association with the high standards of certification.
• Access to the PCI Certified logo for inclusion in marketing and quality materials.
• Create a methodology to improve and enhance a custom coater’s process and results.
• Certified companies are highlighted on the PCI website and in Powder Coated Tough magazine.
• Ultimately elevate the overall performance of powder coating in the industry.
PCI Certification is offered to all companies who apply powder coatings and is available to both PCI member and non-member companies. PCI members that apply for certification qualify for substantial program discounts.
For more information on how to become a certified custom powder coater, please follow THIS LINK
Powder Coating Institute 2018
PowderCoatingOnline 256-837-1490 firstname.lastname@example.org